|Store Home Search: Books - "language is all we have..." - Favorite Lists|
|1-10 of 62444379 Results Next|
1. Turtles All the Way Down (Signed Edition)|
by John Green
This is a signed edition. Limited quantities available.
1. Secrets for the Mad: Obsessions, Confessions, and Life Lessons
2. Genuine Fraud
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Illustrated Edition
4. There's Someone Inside Your House
5. The Sun and Her Flowers
6. I Hate Everyone But You: A Novel
7. An Abundance of Katherines
8. The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins
9. Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances
10. It Devours!: A Welcome to Night Vale Novel .
2. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis|
by J. D. Vance
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, NAMED BY THE TIMES AS ONE OF "6 BOOKS TO HELP UNDERSTAND TRUMP'S WIN" AND SOON TO BE A MAJOR-MOTION PICTURE DIRECTED BY RON HOWARD
"You will not read a more important book about America this year."—The Economist
"A riveting book."—The Wall Street Journal
"Essential reading."—David Brooks, New York Times
From a former marine and Yale Law School graduate, a powerful account of growing up in a poor Rust Belt town that offers a broader, probing look at the struggles of America’s white working class
Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis—that of white working-class Americans. The decline of this group, a demographic of our country that has been slowly disintegrating over forty years, has been reported on with growing frequency and alarm, but has never before been written about as searingly from the inside. J. D. Vance tells the true story of what a social, regional, and class decline feels like when you were born with it hung around your neck.
The Vance family story begins hopefully in postwar America. J. D.’s grandparents were “dirt poor and in love,” and moved north from Kentucky’s Appalachia region to Ohio in the hopes of escaping the dreadful poverty around them. They raised a middle-class family, and eventually their grandchild (the author) would graduate from Yale Law School, a conventional marker of their success in achieving generational upward mobility.
But as the family saga of Hillbilly Elegy plays out, we learn that this is only the short, superficial version. Vance’s grandparents, aunt, uncle, sister, and, most of all, his mother, struggled profoundly with the demands of their new middle-class life, and were never able to fully escape the legacy of abuse, alcoholism, poverty, and trauma so characteristic of their part of America. Vance piercingly shows how he himself still carries around the demons of their chaotic family history.
A deeply moving memoir with its share of humor and vividly colorful figures, Hillbilly Elegy is the story of how upward mobility really feels. And it is an urgent and troubling meditation on the loss of the American dream for a large segment of this country.... Read more
1. A Gentleman in Moscow: A Novel
2. White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America
3. The Heart: A Novel
4. Summary: The Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture In Crisis by J.D. Vance Understand Main TakeAways & Analysis
5. Summary of Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance
6. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
7. Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street
8. A Man Called Ove: A Novel
9. Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
10. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI .
3. Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism|
by Mark R. Levin
From #1 New York Times bestselling author and radio host Mark R. Levin comes a searing plea for a return to America’s most sacred values.
1. The Swamp: Washington's Murky Pool of Corruption and Cronyism and How Trump Can Drain It
2. Understanding Trump
3. Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
4. The Liberty Amendments
5. Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
6. The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote
7. Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
8. Plunder and Deceit: Big Government's Exploitation of Young People and the Future
9. Men in Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America
10. Dangerous .
4. The Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals|
by Laurel Randolph
With over 200,000 copies sold―enjoy more than 100 easy, healthy, customizable recipes offered in the most popular Instant Pot® cookbook available.
If you own an Instant Pot®, you already know how amazing it is―and you are READY for an Instant Pot® cookbook that pairs perfectly with your favorite pot. With The Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook you’ll learn to create an inspiring variety of healthy, easy-to-make pressure cooker recipes.
For family-friendly, all-in-one cooking, this Instant Pot® cookbook offers:
Perfect for beginners or long-time enthusiasts, this Instant Pot® cookbook is your A-Z guide for all things Instant Pot®.
“More than just fabulous recipes. Helpful information about the parts of the pot, the presets and what they're used for, conversion charts, and more. Once you have The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook, you won't need any other.” ―Customer Review, Verified Purchase
“Finally an eBook for the Instant Pot that is great. Good variety in the recipes, no typographical errors, and a pleasure to use… This Instant Pot cookbook has thought put into it. Thank you, Laurel Randolph.” ―Customer Review, Verified Purchase... Read more
1. Instant Pot® Obsession: The Ultimate Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Cooking Everything Fast
2. Instant Pot Tempered Glass lid – 9 in. (23 cm) - 6 Quart
3. Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, IP-DUO60-ENW
4. Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 8 Qt | Stainless Steel
5. Instant Pot LUX60 V3 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt | Stainless Steel
6. Instant Pot Cookbook: 500 Instant Pot Recipes Cookbook for Smart People
7. Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 8 Quart
8. Instant Pot Mini Mitts
9. Instant Pot Cookbook: 500 Healthy, Quick & Easy Recipes for Your Electric Pressure
10. Great Food Fast : Bob Warden's Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes .
by R. J. Palacio
SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE STARRING JULIA ROBERTS, OWEN WILSON, AND JACOB TREMBLAY!
Amazon.com Review Amazon Best Books of the Month for Kids, February 2012: Wonder is a rare gem of a novel--beautifully written and populated by characters who linger in your memory and heart. August Pullman is a 10-year-old boy who likes Star Wars and Xbox, ordinary except for his jarring facial anomalies. Homeschooled all his life, August heads to public school for fifth grade and he is not the only one changed by the experience--something we learn about first-hand through the narratives of those who orbit his world. August’s internal dialogue and interactions with students and family ring true, and though remarkably courageous he comes across as a sweet, funny boy who wants the same things others want: friendship, understanding, and the freedom to be himself. “It is only with one’s heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” From The Little Prince and R.J. Palacio’s remarkable novel, Wonder.--Seira Wilson Features:
Amazon Best Books of the Month for Kids, February 2012: Wonder is a rare gem of a novel--beautifully written and populated by characters who linger in your memory and heart. August Pullman is a 10-year-old boy who likes Star Wars and Xbox, ordinary except for his jarring facial anomalies. Homeschooled all his life, August heads to public school for fifth grade and he is not the only one changed by the experience--something we learn about first-hand through the narratives of those who orbit his world. August’s internal dialogue and interactions with students and family ring true, and though remarkably courageous he comes across as a sweet, funny boy who wants the same things others want: friendship, understanding, and the freedom to be himself. “It is only with one’s heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” From The Little Prince and R.J. Palacio’s remarkable novel, Wonder.--Seira Wilson... Read more
6. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life|
by Mark Manson
#1 New York Times Bestseller
In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be "positive" all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people.
For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected modern society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up.
Manson makes the argument, backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes, that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to stomach lemons better. Human beings are flawed and limited—"not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault." Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths, we can begin to find the courage, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, curiosity, and forgiveness we seek.
There are only so many things we can give a f**k about so we need to figure out which ones really matter, Manson makes clear. While money is nice, caring about what you do with your life is better, because true wealth is about experience. A much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders-and-look-you-in-the-eye moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is a refreshing slap for a generation to help them lead contented, grounded lives.... Read more
1. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
2. Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
3. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
4. F*ck Feelings: One Shrink's Practical Advice for Managing All Life's Impossible Problems
5. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World
6. Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
7. Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It
8. How to Win Friends & Influence People
9. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
10. Models: Attract Women Through Honesty .
7. Camino Island: A Novel|
by John Grisham
A gang of thieves stage a daring heist from a secure vault deep below Princeton University’s Firestone Library. Their loot is priceless, but Princeton has insured it for twenty-five million dollars.
1. The Whistler: A Novel
2. The Whistler
3. Murder Games
4. The Identicals: A Novel
5. New Legal Thriller
6. The Fix (Memory Man series)
7. Use of Force: A Thriller (The Scot Harvath Series)
8. Tom Clancy Point of Contact (A Jack Ryan Jr. Novel)
9. The Late Show
10. The Silent Corner: A Novel of Suspense .
8. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry|
by Neil deGrasse Tyson
The #1 New York Times Bestseller: The essential universe, from our most celebrated and beloved astrophysicist.
What is the nature of space and time? How do we fit within the universe? How does the universe fit within us? There’s no better guide through these mind-expanding questions than acclaimed astrophysicist and best-selling author Neil deGrasse Tyson.
But today, few of us have time to contemplate the cosmos. So Tyson brings the universe down to Earth succinctly and clearly, with sparkling wit, in tasty chapters consumable anytime and anywhere in your busy day.
While you wait for your morning coffee to brew, for the bus, the train, or a plane to arrive, Astrophysics for People in a Hurry will reveal just what you need to be fluent and ready for the next cosmic headlines: from the Big Bang to black holes, from quarks to quantum mechanics, and from the search for planets to the search for life in the universe.... Read more
1. Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
2. Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
3. A Brief History of Time
4. Summary of Neil deGrasse Tyson's Astrophysics for People in a Hurry: Key Takeaways & Analysis
5. The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far: Why Are We Here?
6. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate
7. Seven Brief Lessons on Physics
8. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
9. Reality Is Not What It Seems: The Journey to Quantum Gravity
10. Cosmos .
by Milo Yiannopoulos
The liberal media machine did everything they could to keep this book out of your hands. Now, finally, Dangerous, the most controversial book of the decade, is tearing down safe spaces everywhere.... Read more
1. Bullies: How the Left's Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences Americans
2. Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism
3. Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation
4. Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!
5. Forbidden Thoughts
6. The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam
7. The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left
8. Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole
9. Citizens for Trump: The Inside Story of the People's Movement to Take Back America
10. Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth .
10. The Handmaid's Tale|
by Margaret Atwood
From the bestselling author of Alias Grace and the MaddAddam trilogy, here is the #1 New York Times bestseller and seminal work of speculative fiction from the Booker Prize-winning author.
1. Summary and Analysis of The Handmaid's Tale: Based on the Book by Margaret Atwood (Smart Summaries)
2. 1984 (Signet Classics)
3. Level 7 (Library of American Fiction)
4. Summary - The Handmaid's Tale: By Atwood Margaret (The Handmaid's Tale: A Complete Summary - Book, Novel, Paperback, Hardcover, Summary Book 1)
5. The Norton Anthology of Poetry
6. How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines, Revised Edition
7. The Handmaid's Tale (Cliffs Notes)
8. Break, Blow, Burn: Camille Paglia Reads Forty-three of the World's Best Poems
9. Big Little Lies
10. Antony and Cleopatra (Folger Shakespeare Library) .
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net