|Store Home Browse: Books ... Travel|
|1-10 of 550204 Results Next|
1. Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders|
by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, Ella Morton
It's time to get off the beaten path. Inspiring equal parts wonder and wanderlust, Atlas Obscura celebrates over 700 of the strangest and most curious places in the world.... Read more
Talk about a bucket list: here are natural wonders—the dazzling glowworm caves in New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa that's so large it has a pub inside where 15 people can drink comfortably. Architectural marvels, including the M.C. Escher-like stepwells in India. Mind-boggling events, like the Baby Jumping Festival in Spain, where men dressed as devils literally vault over rows of squirming infants. Not to mention the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia, Turkmenistan's 40-year hole of fire called the Gates of Hell, a graveyard for decommissioned ships on the coast of Bangladesh, eccentric bone museums in Italy, or a weather-forecasting invention that was powered by leeches, still on display in Devon, England.
Created by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras and Ella Morton, ATLAS OBSCURA revels in the weird, the unexpected, the overlooked, the hidden and the mysterious. Every page expands our sense of how strange and marvelous the world really is. And with its compelling descriptions, hundreds of photographs, surprising charts, maps for every region of the world, it is a book to enter anywhere, and will be as appealing to the armchair traveler as the die-hard adventurer.
Anyone can be a tourist. ATLAS OBSCURA is for the explorer.
1. Atlas Obscura Page-A-Day Calendar 2018
2. Atlas Obscura Wall Calendar 2018
3. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
4. Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words
5. Atlas of Improbable Places: A Journey to the World's Most Unusual Corners
6. The Book of General Ignorance
7. The Voynich Manuscript
8. Atlas of the World (Oxford Atlas of the World)
9. Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World's Most Amazing Places
10. Tales from the Loop .
2. Into the Wild|
by Jon Krakauer
In April 1992 a young man from a well-to-do family hitchhiked to Alaska and walked alone into the wilderness north of Mt. McKinley. His name was Christopher Johnson McCandless. He had given $25,000 in savings to charity, abandoned his car and most of his possessions, burned all the cash in his wallet, and invented a new life for himself. Four months later, his decomposed body was found by a moose hunter. How McCandless came to die is the unforgettable story of Into the Wild.
Amazon.com Review "God, he was a smart kid..." So why did Christopher McCandless trade a bright future--a college education, material comfort, uncommon ability and charm--for death by starvation in an abandoned bus in the woods of Alaska? This is the question that Jon Krakauer's book tries to answer. While it doesn't—cannot—answer the question with certainty, Into the Wild does shed considerable light along the way. Not only about McCandless's "Alaskan odyssey," but also the forces that drive people to drop out of society and test themselves in other ways. Krakauer quotes Wallace Stegner's writing on a young man who similarly disappeared in the Utah desert in the 1930s: "At 18, in a dream, he saw himself ... wandering through the romantic waste places of the world. No man with any of the juices of boyhood in him has forgotten those dreams." Into the Wild shows that McCandless, while extreme, was hardly unique; the author makes the hermit into one of us, something McCandless himself could never pull off. By book's end, McCandless isn't merely a newspaper clipping, but a sympathetic, oddly magnetic personality. Whether he was "a courageous idealist, or a reckless idiot," you won't soon forget Christopher McCandless. Features:
"God, he was a smart kid..." So why did Christopher McCandless trade a bright future--a college education, material comfort, uncommon ability and charm--for death by starvation in an abandoned bus in the woods of Alaska? This is the question that Jon Krakauer's book tries to answer. While it doesn't—cannot—answer the question with certainty, Into the Wild does shed considerable light along the way. Not only about McCandless's "Alaskan odyssey," but also the forces that drive people to drop out of society and test themselves in other ways. Krakauer quotes Wallace Stegner's writing on a young man who similarly disappeared in the Utah desert in the 1930s: "At 18, in a dream, he saw himself ... wandering through the romantic waste places of the world. No man with any of the juices of boyhood in him has forgotten those dreams." Into the Wild shows that McCandless, while extreme, was hardly unique; the author makes the hermit into one of us, something McCandless himself could never pull off. By book's end, McCandless isn't merely a newspaper clipping, but a sympathetic, oddly magnetic personality. Whether he was "a courageous idealist, or a reckless idiot," you won't soon forget Christopher McCandless.... Read more
3. Rick Steves Italy 2017|
by Rick Steves
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Italy.... Read more
From the beaches to the Alps, from fine art to fine pasta, Italy has it all. With this book, you'll trace Italian culture from Rome's Colosseum to Michelangelo's David to the bustling elegance of Milan. Experience the art-drenched cities of Venice and Florence, explore the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum, and learn how to avoid the lines at the most popular museums. Discover the villages of Tuscany and Umbria and the lazy rhythms of the Cinque Terre. Shop at local market stalls, sip a cappuccino at an outdoor café, and pick up a picnic lunch at an allimentari. Relax and enjoy the life of Bella Italia!
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. He'll help you plan where to go and what to see, depending on the length of your trip. You'll get up-to-date recommendations about what is worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
1. Rick Steves' Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary
2. Rick Steves Pocket Rome
3. Rick Steves' Italy Map: Including Rome, Florence, Venice and Siena City
4. Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany 2017
5. Rick Steves Pocket Italy's Cinque Terre
6. Rick Steves Pocket Venice
7. Rick Steves Snapshot Naples & the Amalfi Coast: Including Pompeii
8. Lonely Planet Italy Planning Map (Travel Guide)
9. Rick Steves France 2017
10. DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Italy .
4. Birnbaum's 2017 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides)|
by Birnbaum Guides
... Read more
As Walt Disney World continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum to guide you through it all.
-- Disney's Animal Kingdom is completing its 14-acre growth spurt-the largest expansion in Walt Disney World theme park history. Turn to Birnbaum for details on all the latest additions to this park's immersive celebration of nature. Among them:
• Pandora-The World of AVATAR, set to open in 2017, invites guests to a land themed to the blockbuster film AVATAR. The 2017 edition of Birnbaum's Official Guide to Walt Disney World explores this escapist realm that includes a glowing forest, floating mountains, flying Banshees, and a bona fide "E-Ticket" attraction: AVATAR Flight of Passage.
• Sunset Safaris: A new nighttime adventure takes over the popular Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction. Birnbaum offers insight on how to make the most of an evening visit to Animal Kingdom and experience the magically extended orange glow of the setting sun.
• Animal Kingdom now offers its own version of a Disney park "kiss good night" with the brand-new after-dark extravaganza known as Rivers of Light. Birnbaum sheds light on this combination of live performances, water screens, swirling animal images, and floating lanterns-taking place on and around the Discovery River.
-- The Force continues to gain strength at Walt Disney World. In addition to a sneak-peek at Star Wars Land, currently under construction at Disney's Hollywood-themed park, Birnbaum gives the low-down on all the current fun, courtesy of Darth Vader and company.
• Fireworks have blasted back into the Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Birnbaum explains where and when to view the seasonally presented Star Wars-themed pyrotechnic display.
• Do your youngsters fancy themselves proud Padawans? We can direct them to the all-new Jedi Training Company, where they can learn to harness the Force, wield a light saber, and fight the Dark Side.
-- What's it like to be a toy in Andy's backyard? WDW guests will find out soon - Toy Story Land is on its way! Birnbaum offers a first look at what to expect when this new 11-acre play land is complete.
-- Put on your dancing shoes - Club Disney is a lively new dance party where the "walls come alive with classic Disney animation." We'll tell you where to find it!
-- Get the scoop on new and newly-enhanced theme park shows and attractions, including Epcot's beloved Soarin', recently re-imagined and now known as Soarin' Around the World, plus Frozen Ever After, the wildly popular new family-friendly dark ride that transports guests to Elsa's Ice Palace and other Arendelle must-sees.
-- Speaking of Anna and Elsa, we'll tell you the best way to meet them and even belt out "Let It Go" and other Frozen favorites with the revered royal duo.
-- Disney Cruise Line weighs anchor a mere 50 miles from Walt Disney World, making a surf-and-turf vacation a tempting possibility for many a Disney guest. A special Birnbaum "bonus" chapter guides guests from possibility to reality, laying out all the details for pairing a Disney Cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World.
1. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2017
2. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017
3. Frommer's EasyGuide to Disney World, Universal and Orlando 2017 (Easy Guides)
4. Walt Disney World Resort Parks Attraction Guide Maps All Four Parks Plus Disney Springs and Waterparks
5. The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2017
6. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom
7. Birnbaum's 2018 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides)
8. Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets
9. Walt Disney World Resort 4 Theme Parks Downtown Springs Vacation Planning Guide Maps
10. The Complete Walt Disney World 2017 (Complete Walt Disney World: The Definitive Disney Handbook) .
5. Rand McNally 2017 Road Atlas: United States, Canada, Mexico|
by Rand McNally
2017 Road Atlas
1. Your Guide to the National Parks: The Complete Guide to all 59 National Parks (Second edition)
2. Rand McNally United States Map
3. Lonely Planet USA Planning Map (Travel Guide)
4. Rand McNally Western United States Regional Map
5. National Geographic Kids Ultimate U.S. Road Trip Atlas: Maps, Games, Activities, and More for Hours of Backseat Fun
6. Rand McNally Eastern United States: Regional Map
7. Rand McNally Central United States: Regional Map
8. Collins World Atlas: Paperback Edition
9. Rand McNally Folded Map: North Carolina (Rand McNally State Maps)
10. Easy To Fold: United States .
6. Rand McNally Signature Map of the World, 50 x 32-Inch|
by Rand McNally
Updated and redesigned, Rand McNally's Signature World wall map features eye-catching bold and vivid colors that make this the perfect reference piece sure to stand out in any home, classroom or office. The precise detail and digital accuracy shows color-matching relief and other physical features without sacrificing the maps readability.
1. Rand McNally Signature Map of the United States
2. ADVANTUS Medium Head Map Tacks, 3/8-Inch Shank, 3/16-Inch Head, Box of 100, Assorted Colors (MTA)
3. Kappa United States Wall Map USA Poster, Home/School/Office
4. U Brands Map Push Pins, Plastic Head, Steel Point, Assorted Colors, 100-Count
5. Superior Mapping Company United States Poster Size Wall Map 40" x 28" With Cities (1 Map)
6. Collins World Atlas: Paperback Edition
7. Zealor 1/8 Inch Map Push Pins, Map Tacks with 10 Assorted Colors, 500 Pieces
8. Learning Resources Inflatable 12 inch Globe
9. 12- Clear Inflatable Earth Globe Beach Balls - 14 inch by toyco
10. 600 PCS Multi-color Push Pins Map tacks ,1/8 inch Round head with Stainless Point, 10 Assorted Colors (Each Color 60 PCS) in reconfigurable container for bulletin board, fabric marking .
7. Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Spanish Grammar, Premium Third Edition|
by Gilda Nissenberg
Build your confidence in your Spanish skills with practice, practice, practice!From present tense regular verbs to double object pronouns, this comprehensive guide and workbook covers all those aspects of Spanish grammar that you might find a little intimidating or hard to remember. Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Spanish Grammar focuses on the practical aspects of Spanish as it's really spoken, so you are not bogged down by unnecessary technicalities. Each unit features crystal-clear explanations, numerous realistic examples, and dozens of engaging exercises in a variety of formats--including multiple choice, fill-in sentences and passages, sentence rewrites, and creative writing--perfect for whatever your learning style. Whenever possible, explanations include comparisons you to understand the basic logic behind the rules and to remember correct usage. This new edition includes:
1. Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Verb Tenses, Premium 3rd Edition (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
2. Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Vocabulary, 2nd Edition: With 240 Exercises + Free Flashcard App
3. Practice Makes Perfect: Spanish Conversation, Premium Second Edition
4. Practice Makes Perfect Basic Spanish, Second Edition: (Beginner) 325 Exercises + Online Flashcard App + 75-minutes of Streaming Audio (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
5. Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Pronouns and Prepositions, Premium 3rd Edition
6. Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Sentence Builder (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
7. Ultimate Spanish Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate)
8. Easy Spanish Step-By-Step
9. Easy Spanish Reader w/CD-ROM: A Three-Part Text for Beginning Students (Easy Reader Series)
10. Practice Makes Perfect: Advanced Spanish Grammar .
8. Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook|
by Andrew Doughty
The finest guidebook ever written for Maui. Now you can plan your best vacation--ever. This all new seventh edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai'i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so lush and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to eat, colorful craters, hidden waterfalls and so much more. Every restaurant, activity provider, business and resort is reviewed personally and anonymously. This book and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes Maui so exciting.... Read more
1. The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed
2. Oahu Revealed: The Ultimate Guide to Honolulu, Waikiki & Beyond (Oahu Revisited)
3. Hawaii The Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
4. Maui Hawaii Adventure Guide Franko Maps Waterproof Map
5. Fodor's Maui: with Molokai & Lanai (Full-color Travel Guide)
6. Moon Maui: Including Molokai & Lanai (Moon Handbooks)
7. The Foodist Bucket List: Maui: 100 "Must-Try" Dining, Drinks, Restaurant, and Farm Adventures (Volume 1)
8. The Road to Hana CD Guide for Maui: Experiencing the Road to Hana... and Beyond!
9. Maui Trailblazer: Where to Hike, Snorkel, Surf, Drive
10. The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai revealed .
9. Rick Steves Ireland 2017|
by Rick Steves, Pat O'Connor
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Ireland.... Read more
With this guide, you can explore lively Dublin, quaint Kilkenny, and the moss-draped ruins of the Ring of Kerry. Navigate meandering back roads that lead to windswept crags on the dramatic Dingle Peninsula. Explore Ireland's revered past by following St. Patrick's footsteps to the Rock of Cashel. Marvel at Newgrange, the mysterious mound older than the pyramids; then connect with today's Irish culture by grabbing a pint at the local pub, enjoying the fiddle music, and jumping into conversations that buzz with brogue.
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. He'll help you plan where to go and what to see, depending on the length of your trip. You'll get up-to-date recommendations on what is worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
1. Rick Steves Scotland
2. Ireland (National Geographic Adventure Map)
3. DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Ireland
4. Frommer's EasyGuide to Ireland 2017 (Easy Guides)
5. Rick Steves’ Ireland Map
6. Rick Steves Great Britain
7. Frommer's Ireland 2017 (Complete Guide)
8. Back Roads Ireland (Eyewitness Travel Back Roads)
9. Lonely Planet Ireland (Travel Guide)
10. Rick Steves Best of Ireland .
10. The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World|
by Kevin Neary, Susan Neary
So what exactly is a Hidden Mickey? Quite simply, it's an artistic representation of Mickey that was intentionally placed amid the architecture and design of the parks and resorts. Oftentimes it's the familiar three-circle shape of his ears and head. Other times it might be a profile of his face or a full-body silhouette. Walt Disney World Guests with keen eyes can tell you that Mickey pops up all over the resort, often in the most unexpected places.
1. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom
2. Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets
3. Mickey Mouse Mad Libs
4. Birnbaum's 2017 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides)
5. The Hidden Mickeys of Disneyland
6. Kid's Travel Journal - Disney Edition
7. Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters
8. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World Trivia: A Ride-by-Ride Exploration of the History, Facts, and Secrets Behind the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom
9. More Secret Stories of Walt Disney World: More Things You Never Knew You Never Knew (Volume 2)
10. Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered (Disney Editions Deluxe) .
|1-10 of 550204 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net