|Store Home Browse: Books ... Arts & Photography|
|1-10 of 1899822 Results Next|
1. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate|
by Al Franken
#1 New York Times Bestseller
"Flips the classic born-in-a-shack rise to political office tale on its head. I skipped meals to read this book - also unusual - because every page was funny. It made me deliriously happy." - Louise Erdrich, The New York Times
From Senator Al Franken - #1 bestselling author and beloved SNL alum - comes the story of an award-winning comedian who decided to run for office and then discovered why award-winning comedians tend not to do that.
... Read more
This is a book about an unlikely campaign that had an even more improbable ending: the closest outcome in history and an unprecedented eight-month recount saga, which is pretty funny in retrospect.
It's a book about what happens when the nation's foremost progressive satirist gets a chance to serve in the United States Senate and, defying the low expectations of the pundit class, actually turns out to be good at it.
It's a book about our deeply polarized, frequently depressing, occasionally inspiring political culture, written from inside the belly of the beast.
In this candid personal memoir, the honorable gentleman from Minnesota takes his army of loyal fans along with him from Saturday Night Live to the campaign trail, inside the halls of Congress, and behind the scenes of some of the most dramatic and/or hilarious moments of his new career in politics.
Has Al Franken become a true Giant of the Senate? Franken asks readers to decide for themselves.
1. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
2. Lies: And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right
3. This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class
4. Theft by Finding: Diaries (1977-2002)
5. Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History
6. Believe Me: A Memoir of Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens
7. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
8. Warnings: Finding Cassandras to Stop Catastrophes
9. Churchill and Orwell: The Fight for Freedom
10. The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election .
2. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts|
by Gary Chapman
- Over 11 million copies sold
- #1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary
Simple ideas, lasting love
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
Amazon.com Review Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice. How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage. Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set. Features:
Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice.
How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage.
Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set.... Read more
3. Hamilton: The Revolution|
by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jeremy McCarter
Winner of the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and Eleven Tony Awards, including Best Musical
1. Alexander Hamilton
2. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD)
3. Hamilton - Easy Piano
4. Alexander Hamilton
5. Hamilton - Vocal Selections
7. Alexander Hamilton Crew Socks - 1 Pair
8. Emily Gift Shop Unisex Musical T-Shirt, My Thoughts Have Been Replaced By Hamilton Lyrics, Large - Black
9. Alex and Eliza: A Love Story
10. Womens It's a Hamilton Thing Clever T-Shirt Medium Black .
4. Steven Universe: Art & Origins|
by Chris McDonnell, Inc. Cartoon Network Enterprises
Steven Universe: Art & Origins is the first book to take fans behind the scenes of the groundbreaking and boundlessly creative Cartoon Network animated series Steven Universe. The eponymous Steven is a boy who—alongside his mentors, the Crystal Gems (Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl)—must learn to use his inherited powers to protect his home, Beach City, from the forces of evil. Bursting with concept art, production samples, early sketches, storyboards, and exclusive commentary, this lavishly illustrated companion book offers a meticulous written and visual history of the show, as well as an all-access tour of the creative team’s process. Steven Universe: Art & Origins reveals how creator Rebecca Sugar, the writers, the animators, and the voice actors work in tandem to bring this adventure-packed television series to life.... Read more
1. The Answer (Steven Universe)
2. Keep Beach City Weird: You Can't Hide the Truth!!! (Steven Universe)
3. Make Art! (On Purpose) (Steven Universe)
4. Guide to the Crystal Gems (Steven Universe)
5. Adventure Time: The Art of Ooo
6. The Art of Over the Garden Wall
7. Steven Universe Mr. Universe Cartoon Network T Shirt & Exclusive Stickers (Medium)
8. Steven Universe Vol. 1
9. The Art of Splatoon
10. Steven Universe Vol. 2 .
5. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing|
by Marie Kondō
This #1 New York Times best-selling guide to decluttering your home from Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes readers step-by-step through her revolutionary KonMari Method for simplifying, organizing, and storing.
1. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up
2. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up (Random House Large Print)
3. The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story
4. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
5. Life-Changing Magic: A Journal - Spark Joy Every Day
6. Summary: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
7. The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Guide to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify (Updated and Revised)
8. Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
9. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
10. The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own .
6. Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal|
by Potter Style
Do you ever stop to wonder how you got where you are?
1. Q&A a Day for Moms: A 5-Year Journal
2. Our Q&A a Day: 3-Year Journal for 2 People
3. Q&A a Day for Kids: A Three-Year Journal
4. The Me Journal: A Questionnaire Keepsake
5. Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self-Exploration
6. Q&A a Day for College: 4-Year Journal
7. Q&A a Day for Me: A 3-Year Journal for Teens
8. Q&A a Day for Writers: 1-Year Journal
9. The Secret Me: A Questionnaire Journal
10. All About Me: The Story of Your Life .
7. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood|
by Trevor Noah
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The compelling, inspiring, and comically sublime story of one man’s coming-of-age, set during the twilight of apartheid and the tumultuous days of freedom that followed
1. Summary: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
2. A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety
3. A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety
4. The Heart: A Novel
5. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
6. I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
7. Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
8. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate
9. Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street
10. The Heart: A Novel .
8. The Secret History of Twin Peaks: A Novel|
by Mark Frost
From the co-creator of the landmark series, the story millions of fans have been waiting to get their hands on for 25 long years.
The Secret History of Twin Peaks enlarges the world of the original series, placing the unexplained phenomena that unfolded there into a vastly layered, wide-ranging history, beginning with the journals of Lewis and Clark and ending with the shocking events that closed the finale. The perfect way to get in the mood for the upcoming Showtime series.... Read more
1. The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer (Twin Peaks)
2. Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier
3. The Essential Wrapped In Plastic: Pathways to Twin Peaks
4. Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town
5. Funko Action Figures Twin Peaks Dale Cooper, Laura Palmer, Bob, Log Lady 4 Pack Action Figure
6. Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces [Blu-ray]
7. Twin Peaks: Collection [Blu-ray]
8. Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity: 10th Anniversary Edition
9. Funko POP Television Twin Peaks Agent Cooper Action Figure
10. Twin Peaks (Limited Event Series Original Soundtrack) (2 CD) .
9. Born to Run|
by Bruce Springsteen
“Writing about yourself is a funny business…But in a project like this, the writer has made one promise, to show the reader his mind. In these pages, I’ve tried to do this.” —Bruce Springsteen, from the pages of Born to Run
In 2009, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band performed at the Super Bowl’s halftime show. The experience was so exhilarating that Bruce decided to write about it. That’s how this extraordinary autobiography began.
1. Chapter and Verse
3. Who Is Bruce Springsteen? (Who Was?)
5. Chapter and Verse
6. Springsteen: Album by Album
8. Al Franken, Giant of the Senate
9. Petty: The Biography
10. The River .
10. Go the F**k to Sleep|
by Adam Mansbach
"Nothing has driven home a certain truth about my generation, which is approaching the apex of its childbearing years, quite like this."... Read more
--The New Yorker
"A parenting zeitgeist"
"A hilarious take on that age-old problem: getting the beloved child to go to sleep."
--National Public Radio
"A new Bible for weary parents"
--New York Times
"Resonates powerfully with almost everyone"
"Go the F*** to Sleep challenges stereotypes, opens up prototypes, and acknowledges that shared sense of failure that comes to all parents who weary of ever getting their darling(s) to sleep and briefly resuming the illusion of a life of their own."
--Midwest Book Review
Go the F*** to Sleep is a bedtime book for parents who live in the real world, where a few snoozing kitties and cutesy rhymes don't always send a toddler sailing blissfully off to dreamland. Profane, affectionate, and radically honest, California Book Award-winning author Adam Mansbach's verses perfectly capture the familiar--and unspoken--tribulations of putting your little angel down for the night. In the process, they open up a conversation about parenting, granting us permission to admit our frustrations, and laugh at their absurdity.
With illustrations by Ricardo Cortes, Go the F*** to Sleep is beautiful, subversive, and pants-wettingly funny--a book for parents new, old, and expectant. You probably should not read it to your children.
Seriously, Just Go to Sleep, a children's book inspired by Go the F*** to Sleep and appropriate for kids of all ages, is also available, as well as Seriously, You Have to Eat for finicky ones everywhere!
1. You Have to F*****g Eat
2. Nobody Likes a Cockblock
3. If You Give a Mommy a Glass of Wine
4. Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
5. Toddlers Are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault
6. Experimenting with Babies: 50 Amazing Science Projects You Can Perform on Your Kid
7. Safe Baby Handling Tips
8. The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby's First Year
9. How to Traumatize Your Children: 7 Proven Methods to Help You Screw Up Your Kids Deliberately and with Skill
10. Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA .
|1-10 of 1899822 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net